Society of ’67
The APC has established the Society of ’67 to support programs aligned with the Association's mission and vision. The Society's name honors the founding year of the APC, which occurred in 1967.
The APC is the voice of academic Pathology. Academic Pathology leads the way in assuring accurate and timely clinical diagnoses, identifying new diagnostic and prognostic tumor markers and molecular tests, making critical discoveries that expand our understanding of and ability to treat disease processes, and enhancing the way in which we educate medical students, residents and the public. The APC envisions excellence in all missions of academic Pathology, supporting continuous improvements in healthcare, medical education and research and advocating for high quality, safe, equitable, affordable and accessible medical care.
A gift to the Society helps us achieve this vision. The Society provides a vehicle for individuals, families and corporate partners to support academic pathology and improve the health of our nation through patient care, research, education and advocacy. We recognize our donors’ generosity and vision at the APC Annual Meeting and in APC publications.
Levels of Donation
The Society provides a vehicle for individuals, families and corporate partners to support academic pathology and improve the health of our nation through patient care, research, education and advocacy. We recognize our donors’ generosity and vision at the APC Annual Meeting and in APC publications. Additionally, donors are recognized for their contributions as follows:
- Donors, who contribute less than $1,000 per year, receive:
- recognition on the Society of ’67 page on APC’s website
- receipt for tax deductible contribution
- Friends, who contribute $1,000 per year, receive:
- all Donor-level benefits
- recognition in publications and at the Annual Meeting
- Society lapel pin and name tag ribbon
- annual membership in the Society of ’67
- Society voting privileges
- Supporters, who contribute $10,000 lump sum or aggregate, receive:
- all Friend-level benefits
- lifetime membership in the Society of ’67
- Providers, who contribute $50,000 lump sum or aggregate, receive:
- all Supporter-level benefits
- ability to designate which program receives funding
- Benefactors, who contribute $100,000 lump sum or aggregate, receive:
- all Provider-level benefits
- VIP premiums (such as special invitations and event discounts, determined annually by the Society Board)
- Founders, who contribute $1,000,000 lump sum or aggregate, receive:
- all Benefactor-level benefits
- creation of endowed program named by/for the individual
- donation management according to the estate or endowment plan
Corporate donations are welcomed in the above categories, but are not eligible to vote or serve on the Society Board.
In addition to being honored at the APC Annual Meeting and in APC publications, individual contributors over the Donor level are inducted into the Society of ’67. Friends enjoy annual membership, while Supporters, Providers, Benefactors, and Founders enjoy lifetime membership. Society members receive lapel pins, Society of ’67 ribbons for meeting name tags, and biennially elect individuals to the Society of ’67 Board for a two-year term.
Giving opportunities include Medical Student Travel Scholarships, APC Webinar and Educational Program Support, and Resident and Fellow Research and Publication Grants. In addition to these giving opportunities, other donations consistent with the Association's mission and vision will be considered. The Society works closely with contributors to assure that their interests are addressed and that they are informed of the impact their contribution has made. You may also memorialize those who have made significant contributions to the APC and pathology by making contributions in their name.
The Society Board assures that your contribution supports the mission and vision of the Association. Only programs and projects approved by the Board that are in keeping with the mission of the APC are funded. An interim board has been established and will begin working on donors and Society of ’67 membership, in anticipation of an announcement of The Society at the 2017 APC Annual Meeting.
Interim Society Board Members
- Peter Kragel (Chair)
- Marty Lawlor
- Tris Parslow
- Harry Pukay-Martin
- David Roth
- Fred Sanfilippo
- Priscilla Markwood (Staff)
The formally constituted board will include the APC President or his designee, the APC Secretary-Treasurer, and 7 members from the Society of ’67, elected by Society of ’67 members. The Society Board Chair presents a Society report, including projects and programs funded, expenditures and account balances at APC Council meetings.